Looking for the best interview questions possible to use when interviewing prospective employees in your offices? We are here to help you with this ultimate guide to interview questions. Spanning 17 categories and 120 questions, this guide will help you to put together the best interview questions possible for your open roles.15 Best Interview Questions for IT Candidates
When we asked our friend Sanjoe Tom Jose, CEO at Talview, what interview questions they use for their IT candidates, they couldn’t wait to talk to us. Read on for the top 15 questions they ask IT candidates. You will see that some of them are also just great interview questions in general, or good questions for analytical or project manager roles too.
1. Describe a time when you worked in a group on your last technical project.
2. How would you set up a data gathering & projecting workbook? How would you ensure that the data being entered has zero or minimal errors?
3. What programming languages do you know? Describe the process that you will use to join two data tables, and you can use any programming language to illustrate the answer.
4. How would you handle a client situation where the deliverable deadline is approaching, and your team members may not be available to help?
5. What is fish bone analysis? How is it used?
6. How many traffic signals are there is your city? Explain how did you arrive at the number and the assumptions?
7. Why are recursive relationships bad? How do you resolve them?
8. What are singletons? Are singletons a good pattern to use?
9. If you had to make a program that could vote for the top three funniest people in the office how would you do it?
10. What is polymorphism? Explain with an example.
11. Describe how you would design a software that had to schedule meetings based on their priority.
12. What are checked and unchecked exceptions? Explain with examples.
13. If everyone had 100 points to rank the top 3 funniest people, how would you store this data and find the top 3 funniest people in the company?
14. What are the different ways you can create an object in Java? Explain in detail.
15. What should be the strategy to upload billions of entry into the database, given a single point failure will rollover the process?
This article was originally posted on FitSmallBusiness.com as a part of 120 Best Interview Questions for Employers.
Leave a Reply